Thursday, January 18, 2007

This Is Getting Ridiculous

I have written nothing, taken no pictures and am generally out of focus for the time being. In a bit of a personal slump at the moment. As soon as I do ANYTHING related to food, I will post.

Although I did make a beautiful chili yesterday with a pot roast. Cooked it for five hours, then removed the roast and shredded it by hand (what a mess!) back into the almost burgundy sauce seasoned with chili powder, roasted ground cumin, garlic, hot paprika and chipotle. I will throw in a handfull of cooked black turtle beans just before serving it. I like the look of the glossy black beans in the red sauce. It is going to taste pretty darn good when I serve it with rice, salsa and creme fraiche - perhaps I will remember to take a photo and post it.

1 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

I love pot roast....a lot. In fact I love braised meat a lot.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home