Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Why they need pick-ups in Alberta.



I have been back for some time now, but haven't taken time to blog. Let's hope this is me back in the saddle again. As you may have gathered, I was in Alberta for little over a week.
Going back to food, I have killed my starter, while the spontaneous barm is safe in the fridge. Luckily I sent some of my starter off with a friend, so I may have to beg some back from him later.
I am starting to work on pastillage for my cakes. The porcelain white bowls are drying on the counter today. You will see some of them soon. the pastillage is very nice to work with - such a lovely satin a finish. The only problem is that it dries out very quickly, but more on all that later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Oooh, I'm looking forward to seeing the pasillage! I never did get to learn that in my training or work situations.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Underground Baker said...

It is very cool!
Of course I'm making myself insane by making tiny mosaic chips and painting them individually for a crackling kind of effect. I have them scattered over the counter and try not to have a fit as the wild ones run by airlifting the little chits amok.
I would dearly love a studio.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home