Thursday, February 15, 2007

Views of Vancouver












Good God - I can't figure out how to move the pics around in the order I want, so you will have to look at them in reverse. I know, I could have just loaded them in the order I wanted, but it used to not matter in my blogs previous incarnation; I could move and edit at will.
Once again, no food pics, although I have been doing some more work with the pastillage, painting chits for a mosaic chalice...The food colouring is very intense, so the first series of blue chits are blindingly bright. I have since watered down the colours, although they still seem a little on the bright side, (and we can't have that).
Speaking of the bright side, you may have noticed the amazing blue sky stretched above Vancouver. Well, that was a few days ago. Today we have a lovely grey sky, with rounded damp clouds cradling the mountains and washing my face and the streets clean. The latter is what is most often associated with Vancouver, hence our magnificent, albeit somewhat logged, forests. I don't mind the grey days, in fact I find them a relief as the sun generally feels like recently forged daggers being plunged into my eyes - and that is without over-indulging the night before.
OK, I promise to write about food soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Wow, you're having nice weather. We're getting a huge dump of snow!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

These are beautiful and does the sunshine ever look good!!!

"washing my face and the streets clean" you sound like Travis Bickle!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Underground Baker said...

Great Candy, I'll start dismantling my bureau tomorrow. After I wrote that I thought "I've probably read that somewhere before"...
By the way, that was another movie I saw waaay too young - you probably took me to it. I left the movie going "what the f*&#?" and "why did that girl dress like that?"

WC, I'll post some rainy pics for you too, since it is pretty wet around here now.

8:30 PM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

With pix this cool, who needs food? Mmmm, food....

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home