Sunday, November 18, 2007

Keep the Love Alive
Alright, now just keep feeding your little starter everyday or second day for as long as you can, repeating the procedure of 1/4 cup starter, 3 tablespoons water and 2/3 cup flour (discarding or baking with the remaining starter)kneaded into a stiff dough.
I have made bread from my starter and was pleasantly surprised by the results. (I am eating it right now, and I would be in such trouble if any in the house knew I was eating shattering bread crust bread while over the keyboard)
Sorry Glezer, for some reason I wasn't confident about how well the starter and bread recipe would work. And lord knows, I did not follow the recipe exactly near the end...I over proofed the bread by about 10 hours, (had wine with dinner thereby letting the dough rise overnight!) but because the starter was a little slow, the dough only deflated slightly when I put it on the baking stone.
I will write the rest of the recipe tonight.
Really wish I had pictures to post of my loaf.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity - which recipe did you use the Glezer starter with? One from her book? I've been using your barm recipe, converted to a firm sourdough starter, in her recipes with very good results.

I know of some people who have had trouble with the Glezer starter, mostly because the "wrong" bacteria infected the starter in the beginning stages and killed the wild yeast. This happened to me the first time I tried it, too.

I'd love it if you could post one or two of your favourite sourdough recipes - I love the Columbia and Polenta sourdough breads from Glezer's book, but am always looking for new recipes. (:

6:31 PM  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

hey Baker, all the best in 2008! cheers.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home