Thursday, October 11, 2007

Summer Fun with the Little Red Hen









Summer is far behind us now, but the day of baking a hundred loaves in a day is still fresh in my memory. Which is good because I have another Almanac show coming up at the end of the month, and that means I need to put together some new recipes. If anyone wants a particular type of bread made just for them, now is the time to request it!
I plan on doing one white-ish loaf, perhaps a potato rosemary bread. A nice, dense fruit and nut loaf will be in order to go with the cool, rainy evenings. Add a nice fire, some blue cheese and a glass of smooth, sweetish port for a little piece of hedonistic heaven. Maybe a baguette would be perfect for sopping up winter soups.
That is a start.

3 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I could live on bread (but then I'm Italian, and I love my carbs). These pictures, this post... ah, it all looks and sounds so good. I wish I was your neighbour!

11:07 PM  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

those loaves look awesome!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Fantastic pics...hope you find some extra time to blog again...need to see you in some format or other...

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home