Thursday, October 26, 2006


The Butter Shot, for Candy

This slice of bread has at least 2 tablespoons of butter on it, all melted in and tasting fantastic (because its organic). Can someone else out there pay the extra money and do a taste test between organic and regular butter to make sure its not my imagination? In many foods I cannot tell, (and I have tried), but for this particular ingredient the flavour of the organic butter kind of hits me over head. A second or third opinion is needed.

I'm going to be out of town off and on for the next week or two. I will try to post while on the road.

6 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

Go here: http://www.thefreshloaf.com/
My post pointing to your post about bread below is linked up there, causing quite a few bread-loving visitors to pop over to misteranchovy on their way to you.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Well I've eaten both organic and non-oganic butter. Organic is usually better tasting. Whole Foods organic butter is not much more money that other butter.

3:01 PM  
Blogger thehealingroom said...

I will volunteer to take a taste test!!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Underground Baker said...

Next time I am in your neck of the woods healingroom, I will drop off a sampler!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I'm not surprised organic tastes better. I just wish it didn't cost $9/lb.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Underground Baker said...

WC,
The cost of organic food drives me crazy. Actually, its not always the cost of organic that bugs me, but the cost of conventional food that gets me going. What is the real cost of growing food? Surely its not the overly expensive organics, nor is it the ridiculously cheap mass produced foods, shipped thousands of miles.
Candy and I have some great discussions because our perspectives are a little different, (Candy, I do not disagree with you!). But I figure we have farming and its not going away, so why not do it the best, least harmful way possible.
Perhaps if we bought less stuff, we would all be able to pay more money for food.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home