Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Souvenirs From The Land of Fog and Sea


I have eaten so much that a week of steamed fish and vegetables may not save me.
As you can see, we ate quite a lot of cheese. It went well with all the wine.


This cheese platter is made up of some fabulous cheese from Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes. The orange wrinkley rind cheese in the front is called Red Hawk. It was SO STINKY, but SO GOOD! I couldn't resist buying a thwack of cheese to bring home –(it is in the fridge, waiting for us to get through our week of steamed vegetables), although I decided not to take the especially stinky Red Hawk through customs.


Another favorite in the bag is this Humbolt Fog from Cypress Grove Chevre. In the middle is a layer of ash dividing cheeses made from morning and evening milking, (or so the young man told me who sold me the cheese). No matter, it is f&%$ing lovely, and I believe I ate a piece about the size of this all by myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

Hmm, cheese.

Hey i hope you also post some peopel photos too...or some food and beach pics.

Glad you are back and that you had a well deserved holiday!!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Welcome back! Look forward to more SF piccies...

12:26 AM  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

I bet that cheese is yummy!!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home