Monday, June 11, 2007

Bollywood Bon-bon

Well, that was exciting, as well as exhasting. This photo is still the unfinished cake...I forgot to take my camera to the reception so other people have photos of the finished cake. I'll get them soon and post one, as this photo doesn't include the topper surrounded with more flying buttresses, that made it look a little more finished, (and straight!).
It was an exciting cab ride to the restaurant, me bracing for every corner and pot-hole. I suggested the cabbie drive like it was a newborn, and when he didn't seem to change his driving I said he should think of driving like it was his firstborn. He drove very gently and we arrived without mishap.
Thank Christ, since I had already had a big dilemma the night before the wedding. I had to cut off all of the marzipan I had carefully made and applied because it started to bleed out the colour...long story...all was well by five am, (ugh). I managed to get two hours sleep before the kids woke up and I started "painting" the cakes again.
Gilding the 'Lilies'



Beading the Buttresses



Topper Close-up

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Absolutely beautiful!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Oh my God...It's absolutely out of this world! I am gobsmacked! I'd hate to cut into it and eat it after all that. I don't think I could have watched that. I am so impressed - and happy for you!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Wandering Coyote said it best...I too...

am gobsmacked!!!

Its wonderful you did an awesome awesome job...it's the coolest looking wedding cake I've ever seen!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Wow, a thousand times Wow!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Radmila said...

that's frickin' amazing!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home