Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sticks and Stones Can Break My Bones,
But Insinuations by Psychopaths Cannot Hurt Me.


What more is there to say?
Actually, there is lots to say, but I'll save it for another day.

I will take some pleasure in writing a description from my lovely dictionary, the not so short Oxford. Bear with me today.

Psychopathy: "a state characterized by persistent egocentric, irresponsible, and antisocial or aggressive behavior, and an inability to form normal relationships with others; the state of having such a disorder.

Since this is a food blog, I shall give you a recipe.
Here is a recipe for an empty person:

Take a Narcissist, stir in Psychopathy and let sit for awhile, (don't forget the older the ferment, the nastier the results).
In no time at all you will have a pearl.

Most pearls look like crap, (they only string the pretty ones, and then those hang around most necks amplifying every flaw in the poorly adorned), and taste even worse if you have the unfortunate experience of eating one. All that crunchy crustiness is horrible, and it's really just hardened spit. So do what the oyster is trying to do and get rid of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Good one. I know whence this comes, so I sympathise.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that putting two cookie sheets together insulates them beautifully when baking cookies.
I think two cake pans together would work as well, but not for springform pans'
I enjoy your blog. Thanks.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen - Great ideas for breads! Being Celiac, however, I have to adapt them to my diet - no gluten!
You mentioned spelt as having another sort of gluten but I fear this is not the case for Celiacs. Gluten is gluten and spelt and other forms of wheat- einkorn, farro, emmer, etc. - are still wheat. My sources are the Canadaian Celiac Society, Dr. Peter H.R.Green, and Jax Peters Lowell(author of The Gluten-Free Bible). Although spelt is a more digestible form of wheat IS NOT SAFE for celiacs.
Joanne Ross

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home