First Day of Summer Holidays
And we are celebrating with Pancakes.
1 1/2 cups flour of your preference. I usually blend unbleached white and spelt.
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 plain yogurt
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat a griddle or frying pan on medium or medium-low.
1. In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking soda and sugar and stir well with a wire whisk.
2. In a two cup liquid measuring cup measure yogurt and milk, then beat in the eggs and melted butter.
3. Stir the liquid gentley and quickly into the flour mixture. Be sure not to over-stir. This means that you may have bits of flour undisolved and lumping within the mixture. This is ok, see the photo to give yourself an idea of what it should look like.
4. Spoon batter on to the lightly oiled, preheated griddle. When bubbles appear on the damp surface of the pancake, turn to finish cooking the other side. Do not flip your pancakes more than once as this will toughen them.
5. Serve immediately with your favorite fixin's. Our include the classic maple syrup, and or strawberries with thick cream or yogurt- especially at this time of year!